Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Juan Maclean - The Future Will Come



The highly anticipated sophomore LP from The Juan Maclean The Future Will Come was released this week on DFA Records. It's the follow up to Juan's first outing Less than Human released in 2005. (one of my favorites).
On the new album Mr. Maclean features Nancy Whang from LCD Soundsystem, !!! / Chik Chik Chik drummer Jerry Fuchs, the dudes from Holy Ghost! and a few more cameos that make this record move through the cosmic lands with ease.

Time out New York says it's “an acid-house set for your freak-out pleasure.”
I don't know what the fuck they are talking about, I don't hear much acid house, if any at all in the new album. But I do I think it's one of the best electronic/neo-disco/dance releases for Q1 2009.
Go buy it from my man Andy at Insound and listen for yourself.

The Juan Maclean will be hitting the road this spring and will be in Houston TX at Numbers on May 30th. More on that later.

The Juan MacLean - One Day James Curd Remix
The Juan Maclean - Human Disaster

The Juan Maclean - One Day Video

No comments: