Friday, August 07, 2009

Reprogram Music's interests (and crates....) go very, VERY, VERY, DEEP.
Here's some stuff I've handpicked for everyone to check out---it's all across the board.





MASTER SCRATCH BAND - COMPUTER BREAK
Electro breaks from the former Yugoslavia. It doesn't get any more obscure than this.



HUGH MASEKELA - DON'T GO LOSE IT BABY
A Paradise Garage classic -- enough said!



CIRCUIT 7 - VIDEO BOYS
An ultra-rare minimal-wave/synth-punk track. I remember I-F on the C-B-S a few years back saying he wanted to throw things across the room when he played this number. I feel the same.



RAY BARRETTO - ACID
Talk about a beat track. THAT is percussion.



CHICAGO TRANSIT AUTHORITY - I'M A MAN
This number was later turned into a sleazy disco track by MACHO, as well as re-edited by RUB 'N' TUG.



KIKROKOS - JUNGLE DJ
This is probably my all-time favorite disco cut, and probably one you've heard me play out a number of times.... Those guys at Sound Exchange lost BIG when they put a nice white-label promo 12" of this in the $1.00 bin. Suckas! Also a favorite of RON HARDY, not to mention DJ HARVEY....

No comments: